This EPIC track DCAE Transformation to support native helm support for microservice onboarding and depoyment.
Primary Tranformation goals are as follows
- Decentrailization of platform functions
- Remove centralized configuration management (and enable application use K8S configmap)
- Facilitate flexible onboarding and deployment of DCAE services
- CI/CD based workflow automation
- Moving toward Cloud Native options for supporting current platform capabilities
**This will be multi-release effort and work per release will be scoped based on community support.
This EPIC will track outstanding items for Jakarta release.
Phase1 (H release) - Introduction of Helm SVC template for DCAE components; migrate bootstap services to helm (DCAEGEN-2488) Cloudify was primary orchestration for dynamic deployments (MOD/CLAMP flows)
Phase 2 (I release) - Extend DCAE SVC template to provide other generic functions; migrate remaining DCAE svc to helm (
Phase 3 (J release) - Continue on backlog items from H release; integrate MOD to support helm flows and deprecate Cloudify components. Extend SVC template to support add-on capabilities.
- Integration testsuites to be updated to switch deployment via helm
(CBS/Consul can be supported for extended period during J release (depending on the resource/commitment to handle