Currently, SDC expects HEAT template/env in the CSAR.
Need for supporting other cloud specific artifacts such as K8S Helm charts to describe VNF, ARM to describe VNF or AWS Cloud formation to describe VNF.
Also, there is a need to support multiple cloud specific artifacts in a CSAR to allow OOF selecting the cloud region.
Summary of the work:
- Define the directory structure to represent multiple cloud specific artifacts and get the agreement across K8S, ARM and AWS teams.
- Consider the case where a given cloud specific artifact itself contains multiple nested subdirectories and files. For example, K8S helm charts for a given VNF can contain multiple helm charts in various directories.
- Define artifact type (CLOUD_VNF_TYPE)
- Define the archive format (Tar or Zip) where all cloud specific artifacts go.
- Ensure that there are no limitations in distributing these artifacts
- To reduce the work item in SDC and SO, CSAR will continue to have HEAT artifacts as it is supported today. In cases, where HEAT is not required for VNF, there would be dummy HEAT template to satisfy the current SDC and SO code.