Resolution: Won't Do
Default policy behavior is that a target is locked by an initial ONSET event. As a policy designer, I need to be able to configure/parameterize this target locking behavior. There are various options implement this:
- set by a parameter (not desirable)
- different rules (currently not implemented via rules)
- enhancing the policy type to be able to specify target locking behavior — proposed solution
NOTE: Drools-PDP shares state with instances of itself to support geo-redundancy and thus target locking is managed between multiple instances.
add the following to the common Operational Policy Type (proposed);
description: Specify whether target locking is done or not
description: Configure which locking strategy
- valid_values: ["simple", "clc-strategy", "my-custom-foo"]
The lockingStrategy should allow policy designers to specify the target locking behavior according to the needs of the usecase:
- “simple” strategy: This is supposed to be the default strategy where the current target locking implementation is enforced.
- “clc-strategy”: This strategy must be chosen when standard target locking is bypassed, and the target conflicts are handled at the CLC policy level.
- xacml/guard: This strategy makes a request to xacml to perform the check
- relates to
POLICY-2588 Target Locking Implementations should be configurable