ISTIO Ingress (Envoy) for API based routing & Metal LB for SLB. Create Helm charts for the deliverable.
Ensure that Helm charts are parameterized to ensure that one can instantiate the service multiple times.
Prove with some sample service using Ingress and Loadbalancer to ensure that Istio ingress can route application services correctly.
This is breakdown of activities :
- Setup POC : To understand how Istio Ingress works - Done
- Setup POC : To understand how MetalLB works - Done
- Setup POC : To understand how Gloo works with ISTIO. - Decided to go with ISTIO ingressgateway, not using Gloo
- Setup POC : To understand how to use External DNS for services that are exposed to the external world - In Progress
- Now identify the items that are to be parameterized to ensure that same Helm charts are used to deploy multiple deployments. Some in the same cluster in different namespace and some across clusters in various cloud-regions.
- Update the helm charts
- Ensure that they all work fine by deploying some test application in various deployments (this test would require its own Helm chart)
- Test above using K8S plugin API of ONAP.
- Test above using SDC and SO of ONAP
- Integrate these helm charts with rest of analytics framework
- Create one sample Analytics application that leverage data from collection service and use the inference using the trained model to generate alerts over Kafka bus.
|96774,2||Added Istio config for multicluster connectivity||master||demo||Status: MERGED||+2||+1|