Beijing SO Sprint 2
Existing workflows might be sufficient for HPA but should be investigated.
Task should include:
- Investigate current flows and modifications needed - interact with Multicloud team and understand interaction
- document modification needed on ONAP SO wiki, here in task and get buy-in from stakeholder (PTL, Marcus, Alex, Team) on approach
- possible patch that includes
- bpmn workflows modification
- possible groovy script modification
Since all this is dependent on the Heat Stack ID, it is queried from AAI (queryAAIVfModule) and set in execution which is later used in the VNF Adapter create request .
- Heat Template obtained from DB queries by Heat ID in MSO VNF adapter .
- Input parameters for the heat templates are converted from map<string, string> to map<string, object> which gets later used in StackCreate .
- Heat Environment variables obtained from DB .
- All this is passed to OpenStack StackCreate .
Question: Since the Heat template and the Heat environment is obtained from DB, should the Flavor-VM-ID Homing solution obtained from OOF be updated in the Catalog with the correct format so that the new flavor ID gets fetched in VNF adaptor?
- Seem like in vCPEResCus workflow which calls DoCreateVfModule, heat stack ID is first seen here  . This seems to be generated inside VNF adaptor based on our request which we pass to VNF adaptor. (vCPEResCus -> DoCreateVfModule -> (has VNF creation info) -> VNF adaptor -> response from VNF adaptor has Heat stack ID.
- How is this heat stack ID generated in VNF adaptor? Is it fetched from catalog DB? If yes, then we'll need to pass flavor/VMID info to the VNF adaptor and somewhere inside this VNF adaptor, the heat template will be modified with the favor/labelID/vimID info passed and the heat stack ID of this modified heat template is returned.
- High level flow when talking to OpenStack directly: vCPE create workflow -> create vnf -> ???? -> MSO vnf adaptor -> MSO adaptor utils -> Heat adaptor (OpenStack)
- High level flow when using Multicloud API: vCPE create workflow -> ???? -> Multicloud API.
Why are there 2 ways of talking to a cloud (multicloud vs direct openstack). In either cases, where are the Heat templates generated? (somewhere in ???? layer).
- SO should pass label flavor map (containing HPA) to Heat template to spin those up.
- The high level flow seems to be vCPE create workflow -> create vnf -> ???? -> MSO vnf adaptor -> MSO adaptor utils -> Heat adaptor  -> Actual things are spinned up. But all this seem to talking to OpenStack directly using SDK.
- Something should happen in the middle either in ????/MSO vnf adaptor/ which will actually do the mapping and creates the Heat template. This gets used in createStack() .