This EPIC track DCAE Transformation to support native helm support for microservice onboarding and depoyment.
Primary Tranformation goals are as follows
- Decentrailization of platform functions
- Remove centralized configuration management (and enable application use K8S configmap)
- Facilitate flexible onboarding and deployment of DCAE services
- CI/CD based workflow automation
- Moving toward Cloud Native options for supporting current platform capabilities
**This will be multi-release effort and work per release will be scoped based on community support.
Phase1 (H release) status is tracked under DCAEGEN-2488. Cloudify was primary orchestration for dynamic deployments (MOD/CLAMP flows)
Phase 2 (I release) focus is on addressing backlog from Honolulu.
- [DCAE] Migrating remaining DCAE services into Helm deployment
- Application configuration containing password must be handled through secrets
- [DMAAP/OOM] Secure Topic/feedprovisioning under helm deployment
- [INTEGRATION] Integration & gating test to leverage DCAE service component helm charts for functional/usecase validation
- [Policy] CLAMP/Control Loop design for Helm based deployment
- [DCAE] Standardized App Configuration (including Policy, Dmaap etc.) management
- [OOM] On-demand DCAE helm services deployments through OOM/Helm service (or K8Splugin/EMCO integration)
- [DCAE-MOD] MOD support for onboarding helm based services and integration with ONAP deployment
- MOD support for composite flows creation
- MOD support for helm artifact generation
Note: Exact I release scope will be finalized towards M2 based on resource availability