There are 4 scenarios proposed for PNF software upgrade use case. This EPIC ticket only covers the implementation for scenario 1.
PNF software upgrade is one aspect of Software Management. The purpose of this procedure is to upgrade the software currently running on the PNF to a target software version without impacts on PNF schema and service template. The details of the solution including:
- Enhancement and additions of PNF in-place software update.
- Support direct PNF NETCONF interface with the vendor-specific YANG model.
- Enhance SO in-place software upgrade workflow with generic SO building blocks, which can be used for workflow design in the design time.
- Using CDS self-service API between SO and controller with the support of PNF in-place software upgrade
- Enhance VID to demonstrate single PNF in-place software upgrade
- Enhance SO procedure to support AAI update after the software upgrade completion.